Cremation is the process of burning the body after death. After cremation, the ashes are placed in an urn and given to the family of the deceased. More people are opting for cremation nowadays to keep the deceased closer. However, some families still choose to leave the urn in a designated place in the cemetery.
Here are a few things that happen during cremation, and why people should choose to pre-plan their cremation.
What Happens During Cremation
The entire process only takes about three hours. Here are some specifics that go on before, during, and after cremation. Check out Arlingtoncremation.com for more information.
1. The deceased body undergoes identification by the coroner and the family.
2. The cremation machine is inspected and pre-heated.
3. The family is gathered in the observation room.
4. The deceased’s body is placed in a container and entered into the cremation chamber.
5. After the burning, any metal fragments are removed, and the ashes are ground.
6. The fine ashes are transferred into an urn and given to the family.
Why Pre-Plan A Cremation?
At Arlingtoncremation com, we can help you pre-plan cremation for yourself or someone in your family. Here are some reasons why you should pre-plan cremation.
1. Money matters – Cremation can be much more affordable than a traditional burial. You also get to skip the typical funeral service since only your family is allowed in the cremation observation chambers. Additionally, you won’t have to saddle your family with the financial burden of having to plan your funeral.
2. Less burden on the family – Aside from worrying about organizing financial matters, your family will have more time to grieve without worrying about how to bury you.
3. Lesser impact on the environment – A cremation is a planet-friendly option for disposing of the remains of the deceased. You won’t have to take up land space and use many flowers.
4. Final resting place – You can choose what to do with your ashes. You can have them scattered at your favorite place in the world, you can ask your family to keep them in an urn at home, or you can choose to have the container placed in the cemetery.
Pre-planning a cremation can be easy with a good funeral home and the best funeral director. At Arlingtoncremation com, we provide you with all the options you can have for your cremation. You can even choose where to place your ashes after the cremation. We at Arlingtoncremation com respect your wishes and your family.